Re: Recording an Album

Off the top of my head and without much experience, I'd recommend
going the studio time route, at least for your first album.

I've tried buying nice microphones for home recording, but it's still
a struggle to get the sound just right. I imagine it would probably be
advantageous to see how a professional engineer sets up the mic, then
use that knowledge for an "on your own" future album if you want.

But that's from no experience. As a mostly electronic musician, my
records so far are recorded from a direct signal, and I hire a guy to
master the disc afterwards.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com