Re: Sorting out the good stuff

Hey kev!
I know and understand how you feel! This exactly what i do too.
I use all of your strategies, i also manually re loop bits ( often to
Get past the errors, or crossfade long passages into new bits... You
need a good editor, and i like to use a multi track non destructive
thing, like reaper or Logic or acid (the only reason to use a pc
imho).  I have to admit that I very rarely manage to synch a long
track on a daw timeline, and play new stuff as overdubs. I chatted
with Per last year about different strategies, but i still can't get a
long sound file to be rock solid sync with thr daw bpm.

Sometimes i cant delete the dodgy bits, i Think as long As they lead
somewhere and the final feeling after the piece is over is good then
you have created contrast.

On the Other hand  i sometimes harshly chop and cut right down taking
only the individual bars that Are good.

On one album, i Even offer both the edits and the long form jams. (fish).

I dont know what kind of music you play but my opinion is that
recorded music is different that live. With live you can watch while
the artist creates, in front of your eyes... Recorded music shouldnt
have any fluff.

Cut it out!!!

Mark

Sent from my (advertisement removed)