Re: Innovative Gear That Got Discontinued was Electro Harmonix Freeze- Vortex Patch

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> What other instruments besides the Vortex, Kantos and the EDP got
>squashed
> in an untimely fashion much to our chagrin?

Well, the Elecrixpro Repeater for one... And being an internet collab
pioneer I remember the old Rocketnetwork - that was a sad story of
corporate misunderstanding of a product that could have become a big
thing if marketed properly.

And just recently the electric guitar model Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
was discontinued after just a short period of manufacturing. This is
the dual output guitar where you can drive one rig from the classic
set of two humbuckers and another rig from the brilliant acoustic
Shadow Nanomag pickup built into the neck. No further comments needed,
anyone can imagine what holy graal that is to a looping musician. They
sold them for peanuts in the stores although this actually is an
instrument at the same level as the models that go for around 200-300
USD. I managed to snag me one of those before the stores dried out of
them ;-)) Corporate Douche Bags!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se