Re: Innovative Gear That Got Discontinued was Electro Harmonix Freeze - Vortex Patch

The Vortex drifts out of my rig. It drifts back in.

It's a bit noisy and takes care getting the levels right. It's UI is
awkward. It needs a footpedal to bypass it.

But even on relatively tame effects, it has a warmth and character all its
own.

The other unit that drifts out and back in is the Korg AM8000R which
similarly is able to create unusual sounds (though no morphing, just lots
of parameter manipulation potential) though I find it cleaner and colder
sounding than the Vortex.

Right now, the Vortex is out because my primary guitar chain is all in
pedals now rather than a rack, but I'm thinking it could be fun with a DSI
Mopho...

Mark

P.S. I actually have two Korg AM8000R's and I seem routinely to only be
using one. I should probably think about selling the other to a good home.
Hint, hint. The Vortex will not be up for sale (though I've got a Reflex
if anyone wants it).