Re: Vortex Sync with Echoplex

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM, boost <boost@boosterized.com> wrote:
HI Mark,
i tried again today but it didn't work...
explain me what do you mean by "ground is just the ground" ?

I mean, in a jack cable the ground lugs are connected to ground.. leave them there, ignore them, pretend they don't exist!

to wich ground is connected the capacitor ? to the ground of the input jack ?

The cable needs a diode in the live wire, so disconnect the tip wire in the jack plug. solder instead a diode, (with the stripe AWAY from the solder lug). Now the wire you disconnected needs to be soldered to the OTHER end of the diode (the end WITH the stripe).
Nearly there...
Now connect the same place (the join with the diode and the wire) to the ground lug together with the wire thats already there (but continue to ignore it..) The cap also has a right way and wrong way... neg to ground, pos to wire.

If you think this is pretty difficult to fit in a jack socket, then I agree, thast why i did it inside my Vortex. The fact that it can all fit inside a jack plug is a rumour spread about but that dirty trickster Butler, who doesnt want anyone to nick his tricks... but still puts them on his website to appear sharing and open...

If you still dont get it.. Ill draw a picture!!!

(Ill do it anyway... give me an hour... Im opening Maya!!)

Mark

i don't understand what's wrong...
thanks

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: Vortex Sync with Echoplex

Ill be honest to you, it was a very long time since I did it actually.
I built the circuit internally inside my Vortex I disconnected the A/B channel plug. so now I can just connect a regular lead between EDP and Vortex.
I take a cable from the input jack for the tap switch and the morph switch, thru small switches mounted on the front of the Vortex, and back to the circuit, and capaciter, and out the now defunct A/B socket...

http://twitpic.com/47lej2
(See the two little switches in the top right?)
One synchs the tap to the EDP one synchs the morph.

I have to say that both dont work at the same time, its one OR the other, but setting a long morph on one preset and a short morph on the other is very cool, cos then I morph one way over a bar, and then vortex jumps  back and does it again, rather than the usual slow fade both ways...

GUESSING @ A SOLUTION HERE>>>
But connecting the ground would be wrong. the ground is just the ground. What you should be doing is connecting the signal to ground via a capaciter, to smooth out (or is it to lengthen.. ) the pulse. isnt there a diode in there somewhere...? make sure that its round the right way... they are always the bugger.

Mark