Re: Line6 DL4 expression pedal

Have you powered down the DL4 first before setting the parameters? In other words:

Power off the DL4 by unplugging the left/mono input, next plug in the EX-1. Plug the left/mono input back in.
Heel back, set all knobs where you would want them, toe down the same, that's it.

I just hooked mine up and this is how it works for me.

I set it to looper
powered it down as per above
plugged in the EH-1 heel down
set all the knobs to minimum (the mix knob only works with the looper in loop mode)
push the EH-1 to toe down
turn the mix knob all the way up (this gives me about 50/50 with the straight signal)

start looping moving pedal up and down for mix of loop :) You can add in delay also but the pedal seems to also begin to control it...

I actually hadn't done that for a long time, I really never used the looper, only the delays when I used this before getting the M9

hope that helps, I can make a movie if needed