OT: Microphone for Zoom R24 Digital Recorder

Hello from Central Virginia:

I just sold off a Zoom H4N and with it went the stereo mikes I used to record my living room jams. I bought a Zoom R24 for some of the added features it furnishes (add'l tracks, sampler pads, included loops, et al). Now, it also has some onboard stereo microphones which I have yet to test - but it strikes me that the placement of the microphones on the R24 are not optimal and don't offer the flexibility of the H4N.

Any recommendations as to a reasonably-priced microphone (or microphones) to use for a home recording application involving the recording of a one-man band? THX!

Regards, Butch