Re: Iphone/pad/touch Loopers

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Andy Owens wrote:
> Am I just hallucianating (very possible lol) or am I the only one seeing
> the giant elephant in the corner here?
>
> A looper is gonna have to have foot control, period, I think, right?
> Unless we are just talking beat boxing which I know we aren't.
>
> So, developers, why not get the Line 6 I/whatever to Midi interface and
> make us a looper that will respond to midi? It works, I/ve seen it work
> several times at NAMM.
Sorry you've been frustrated, Andy.

for what it's worth,  the LP-1 will start to improve the second the
LP-2 ships.

Bob is only one person and it's just taken a lot of time to get this
product out the door.
It's a very hip piece of kit so I think it will have been worth the wait
(remember how long
we waited for electrix?    lol.    this isnt' too bad).

Additionally,  Hans Lindauers "Missing Link"  allows one to use an
iPad, iTouch, iPhone as an OSC controller whose signals are converted
wirelessly to MIDI commands.

As with all new technology in the computer world,  it is rarely ever
innovated
with musicians specifically in mind.

Consequently,  all the cool after market shit has to be developed.

Someone who has a bit of capital stashed away could certainly make some
money
if an iPad/iTouch stand was created for musicians.

You might also look into all the little add on hardware that has been
developed to
adapt laptop computers to keyboard stands.

I'm currently using pedal boards up on keyboard stands so that I can
quickly manipulate
loops...........a little U shaped addition for an iPad would be hipper
than shit to have.

If not,   you probably could get a local metal welder to customize you
something pretty inexpensively.

It would only entail taking sheet metal,  cutting it out and bending it
in to the proper U shape
to place under a keyboard or pedalboard.

rick walker