Re: OT Fretless makers

we never had any problem with the epoxy or super glue not sticking to the
fingerboard.  i play bass, so i have no choice but to finish my neck or
the monstrous roundwounds would eat the neck to grooves. i have a 5string
that i picked up for cheap in a consignment shop because someone had taken
the frets out (and did a great job, better than the old fender jazz i
refinished) but had not filled in the slots or finished the neck.  i am
having to stop myself from playing because it is marking up the neck
considerably, and i do not play with a much vibrato that would dig in. but
i did find this:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/138328-ngmd-fretless-content.html

seems like it describes a step-by-step vespa-based finishing.  hope it
helps.

time