Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

Next time it happens open console and search for this:

IOAudioStream

You'll probably find some messages like this:

5/4/11 6:21:47 AM       kernel  OAudioStream[0xbaef300]::clipIfNecessary()
- adjusting clipped position to (c075,fd9)
5/4/11 6:21:47 AM       kernel
IOAudioStream[0xbaf1d00]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to
a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position
(c073,fd9)->(c076,7e9).
5/4/11 6:21:47 AM       kernel
IOAudioStream[0xbaf1d00]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position
to (c075,fd9)

Apple will likely blame it on your 3rd party plug-ins like they did to
me.(Sooperlooper or Mobius) Yet I can use the plugs-ins without problems
on the same hardware running Win7 instead of OSX. The first 6 months I
went to the genius bar, and those guys don't really understand the whole
doing live music on your computer thing so you dont get very
far.......I've had them send me new install disks, even a whole new
laptop. Now I have the email address of a guy high up in support, from all
the toubleshooting I've done with apple and everytime I have these
glitches I copy and paste the text from Console. Then I ask for him to
pass that info to the engineers that work on Core audio/Logic/Mainstage
etc.

I have a show tonight with nude models present providing visual as well as
audio obstacles to the looping. I wonder what will derail me first. An
audio glitch or boob. I guess I'll be fine if I just keep staring at my
shoes while I play.

On May 6, 2011, at 7:30 AM, todd reynolds wrote:

> Mr. Matthews,
>
> I can't speak for Zoe, but I have to tell you, i've recently had four
>shows disturbed by audio glitches, and I can't seem to fix it whatsoever.
> I wish I knew how to go into the console and find the errors so I could
>yell at Apple more effectively.  This i the first computer, and it's new,
>that I've EVER had this problem and it is seriously messing with my
>scene.  I think we need to talk further about this.  I'm about to go a
>little bit bonky with this serious liability in my performance scenarios.
> Thanks for bringing this up once again.  I'm beginning to think it's
>indeed in my mac, after having isolated everything else.
>
> Bests,
>
> T.

Todd Matthews
toddbass.com