Re: cool Repeater Trick vs LP-1 tricks>scramble redux

andy butler wrote:

> William Walker wrote:
>
>>  A favorite  technique i have started to use again on the LP-1 is the
>> fast scramble function. This feature chops your loop in to an even
>> number of smaller bits and randomizes them, the length of the loop
>> determines how fast the scramble tempo is. shorter loops create faster
>> scrambles, longer loops create slower scrambles.
>
> huh?
> I was certain that the size of the scrambled chunks
> was fixed to a choice 3 different  values unrelated to loop
> length. Is that new in 1.39?
> ..and unpublicised??

hmm, I'm getting consistent chunk sizes of 92mS when trying out a few
random loop lengths.
(with the odd left over bits at the loop end)

...but indeed it's *sounding* like a groove.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Hopefully it will be soon possible to have scramble connected to
the Q value for the loop.

One neat trick is to fill a loop with a wash of sound,
then use feedback at zero for half the duration of the loop.
After that manoeuvre scramble creates a nice chopped up rhythm.

andy (again)