Re: Re: cool Repeater Trick vs LP-1 tricks>scramble redux

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, William Walker wrote:
> Dammit Andy I'm a doctor not an effects designer!:-)  Honestly I have
> no clue how many parts fast scramble chops a loop up in to, but on
> short loops you can achieve some really cool jittery  sounding
> percolating parts, using this technique.
>  Thanks
>  Bill
 From my understanding,  scramble does not chop into fractions of a
loop, but rather,  each  scramble mode has a fixed
length for each speed............play a longer loop and you'll have more
fast scrambled 'segments'.

I think it would be wonderful to attach the Scramble function to
programmable Q length (fractions of a loop).
I think that's what Andy is working on, amongst other things.

I also am lobbying for a Q Constrained Loop Stutter/ReTrigger effect,  a
technique which is very effectively used on the whole
Akai MPC 1000 - 1,000,000  series (whichever rev they're on now at
Akai).   I think Andy may be on that as well.

To have a bank of midi commands that could machine gun retrigger in
1/8,  1/16, 1/32, 1/64 fractions would
be very hip as an improvisational tool, rhythmically.

Has anyone done this in Mobius yet, or is it possible to do so?

rick walker