Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

Daniel Thomas said:

For windows, there are  latency checking tools that can help you find conflicts.

  Thanks for the hot tip Daniel, and the other sage advice about turning off the the internet.   I inadvertently had the internet connectivity hooked up again on my mainframe windows DAW in the garage and guess what started to happen? sluggish-ness,  and some intermittent audio artifacts that sound like static electric crackle that may be coincidental, and of a different origin. altogether. Cue blood curdling scream

the love/hate relationship that is the computer:-)
Bill