Loopers DIY

Hi,
Are there other Loopers out there who roll their own? Rather then
searching (seemingly forever) for custom looping features, these
features can be made or at least tried out using DIY. One good FREE
application for doing this is SynthEdit <http://www.synthedit.com/>. It
works by drawing wires between premade modules on screen. The final
creation can be turned into a VST plugin. There are other similar
applications for experimenting with music. MAX, Reactor, Synth Maker etc.

Building a looping device is quite possible without doing actual
programming. I plan on making my current project (a looper) available
online soon. Of course too much technology involvement can become a trap
especially for those who are mainly performing musicians. Taking a
laptop on stage has its downsides. For some DIY and electronic music
experimentation is their path.
Richard