also new to looping

On May 23, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Boris Plotnikov wrote:
OK, but have some bridge parts and you'll have to undo chords and
leave rhythm only (not easy with RC-2) or just to stop looping and
playing bridge alone.

For what it is worth I find the RC-2 somewhat confusing. I immediately had to get an FS-6 foot switch (used) because it is anti-intuitive to hit twice to stop a loop on a beat. For simple looping while jamming, it seems like the main thing I want to be able to do is hit a footswitch once and have it stop the current loop and immediately start recording a new loop. This can't be done with the RC-2, as far as I'm aware. To rectify this I started researching and found this list and subsequently Mobius. On my recent trip to the States I bought an FCB1010 and an Octron2. I intended to buy a laptop and really get into Mobius but I ended up buying a Baroque guitar instead (at least it won't be obsolete in 10 years). Somehow I find it a mental hurdle to conquer this stuff. Age? I wonder if serious loopers are a different breed, somehow they have an extra techno-geek gene or something.