Re: livelooping article for guitar magazine...

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Scott Hansen wrote:
> nels cline-in that dvd he did w/ the visual artist (can't remember
> names)-whew, he does some great looping in that...but his main gig
> that most would know him is playing w/ wilco--which obviously gets his
> name out...
I would say that Nels' highest profile gig is with Wilco.

I recently saw him with the Nels Cline Singers (with Scott Amendola on
drums/percussion/loops) and Yukio Honda on keyboards.
It was one of the bettter concerts I've ever seen and he had slabs of
live looping woven into the performance as did Scott Amendola.

I would imagine that the Nels Cline Singers is as important a 'main' gig
to him as his Wilco gig is, despite the fact that it
obviously earns him a lot less money.    It was a shame that it was not
better attended (his gig in Felton, California, close to Santa Cruz).

rick walker