Re: R: livelooping articles for a guitar magazine

Andy mentioned John Martyn earlier in this thread.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but John Martyn was maybe less a looper and more of an Echoplex monster :)

I have not listened to Leeds in many years (my vinyl is boxed up and lonely) but the quintessential JM echoplex jam is likely Glistening Glyndebourne from Live at Leeds, which I do not see on YouTube today.

For anyone who has not listened to John Martyn, he's a true gem. Here are a few examples, not necessarily of my favorites or his best, but echoplex-centric bits...

The Dealer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7YJ_F1vTnY&feature=related

Outside In (also the first track from Leeds, but this is a different performance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htRGw3hzZQ

And oh, hell, this one is included just because it is completely badass:
Lookin' On
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnhYEVMxrE

Best Martyn albums IMO are Bless the Weather, Solid Air, and Grace & Danger, but there are so many to choose from :)

OK, end of fanboy raving...

Phil C :)