Re: Bringing loops in and out with an edp

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:24 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> But what Per hinted at really was, the EDP is a wonderful beast, but its
> better to work with what it does best, rather than trying to figure out a
> way to get it to do something, what its best at is radically changing the
> loop,

It's funny to remember that Matthias actually designed the EDP for
exactly the opposite: make slow and smooth transitions of a loop's
content into new content. His style as a live looping artist focuses
on morphing a loop over  time in an organic flow - typically working
with Feedback to do this.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> 5? funny number..

I just kept it set to the highest number of loops I would ever need
for certain songs - and that happened to be five. Here's the song that
requires making five loops:
http://vimeo.com/2818198

Normally I prefer working with as few loops as possible, sometimes
speed shifting a loop to get a new time measure and tonal
transposition (for "chord vamps"). But that's since I migrated to
Mobius. BTW, the video was done with Mobius, but everything except the
speed shifting works just as well on an EDP.

Per