Help fill my rack!!!

Guys... My latest rack build. (adding the new Kaos pads on a rack drawer) means that I had to move things about in the part of the rack that "folds up".
Yes its a magic box of tricks, add water and it grows to 3 times its size!

http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?page_id=1371

Anyway, due to the fact that when folded down the rack items must not clash with the drawer items, there is a gap in the middle, of about 2U.

THIS WILL NOT DO!

Suggestions please, for... weird tings that make sounds, (with very little depth, and edp with cables in is TOO MUCH, it must be FLAT!!!)  in the synth direction but must be hand tweakable and self contained (not synth modules) maybe some noise box stuff, or rythym thing would be great, pref not a plain old drum machine, although I was looking for something to sequnce my EDPS recently (rmember that thread?)

Please be creative? it doesnt even have to be electronic, I was even thinking of one of those creations my Peter B where the connections can be made by living worms...

Anyway heres the picture of a rack with an annoying gap in it... I have annotated the rack with "Annoying gap" incase you cant spot it..

http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?page_id=1371

Mark

--
Mark Francombe