Re: For you software folks....what interface?

Should the list decide what model you need? ;-)  Well, the RME
Fireface 400 goes for GBP 711. I have one of those and can recommend
it to anyone that doesn't need to record with more than two mics and
two guitars lined in at the same time. There are more input at line
level though, but if you need instrument level (electric guitar) there
are two such inputs. It also has the digital in/out stuff so you might
connect your TC Electronics Fireworx in a digital effect send/return
loop, which I also have tried and thought worked like a charm. The
Fireface sounds great. On the pair of my old RME Multiface and
significantly better then some other cheaper solutions I've tried. It
seems you get what you pay for and above the RME quality stuff sound
just a tiny bit better but become way more expensive. If you have good
studio monitors the good RME sound will benefit your music, if you
have the musical experience and hours required to tweak it just right.

If you need eight simultaneous analog inputs there is the bigger RME
Fireface 800. Goes for GBP 1020. About the same spec's.

Per