Re: Composing/Planning the Looping Fun

On 7/17/11 2:46 AM, Steve Crumpler wrote:
How do you guys compose/plan your songs?
Plan? We don't need no stinkin' plan! ;-) Many people improvise a melody or a chord pattern or a rhythm and then fly from there. This tends to be more dominant in soundscapes than in pop or jazz structured pieces but not limited to that domain.

In my guise as an electronic musician, nearly all of what I do is improvised. Only at Different Skies and mindSpiral have I taken part in pieces that employed any real planning/up front composing. In xeroid entity and Twyndyllyngs and at Ricochet Gatherings it is all improv.

In my guise as a wannabe duo (I haven't found a partner, yet), I plan on doing cover songs which will be an entirely different mode of operation. The partner I have in mind only songs so loops will be required if I ever want to take a solo.

Cheers,

Bill