Re: slimline power amp suggestions?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, nick@12testing.net wrote:
I'm after a *small and light* stereo power amp to minimise my setup -
around 40 watts per side, ideally. Any suggestions?
Ever since the advent of very high quality and lightweight powered p.a. speakers and monitor
speakers  I haven't even looked at a stereo power amplifier.

Have you considered such a solution, Nick?

I have the 10" RCF powered monitors which go down to 40 cycles with impunity and
they are excellent.......powerful and you can just send a mic cable from them to a p.a.
and use them as your own monitors if you ever do a large venue.    Very lightweight,
I can't more highly recommend them and I've used the comparable Mackie 10" powered mains
which I like (but greatly prefer the RCFs --  they go 10 cycles lower and are more compact and
easier to dolly).

rick walker