PC on an imac

Howdy,

 I bought an Imac a year or so ago, 550 G disc, 4G ram. It says it has
parralels or somethignto that effect. I've only used the thing for 5 or 6
hours, toying with garage band. Do I just go in and click on something to
bring up the PC part? I'm assuming it came already in the computer. Any
advise on this would be greatly appreciated, such as how to switch between
the 2, how to work a plug in for windows while simultaneously running mac
plug-ins, etc.
Rig