pickup poll

all my guitars have different pu's:
-new collage guitar: altec p90s-which i love! love the hum! great clean, great distorted
-old tele mutant-carvin blade pu's-which i also love-this guitar needs new strings and some work, but like the sound
-old collage guitar-overwound humbuckers from GFS-just broke this out again yesterday, w/ my swollen picle-WOW, loving the sound again...
-collage guitar that died-it had artec double blade single coils-which i loved the sound of....sort of inbetween single &hb sound--no hum though....(not sure if i'd
call it true single coil sound)
-next guitar project-i want to try a filtertron pu in bridge, will either use one of my generic sc's that i have laying around, or i may pop in one of the double blade pus...

one of my guitar projects yrs ago i had a kramer dual blade humbucker-the thing had 4 blades--IT WAS SO LOUD. even on my cleanest settings it DISTORTED...
i grew to not like that, just wasn't very versitile....i guess if you're balls to the wall metal all the time, it would be for you, but for nuance-it had none!!!

honestly i still think the best sounding pus for me is single coils...i think there is just a truer sense of the sonic potential of the string/finger interaction....
hum can be a problem, i just live w/ it....i'm also a person on a budget, most of my guitars cost me around $300, i'm not a fan of plopping in $200 bardens-mainly
b/c i can't afford them....some people swear by "so&so" pu---i just live w/ my limitations....
happy hunting....
s---
www.soundclick.com/scotthansen