From: todd reynolds <toddreyn@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:30:39 AM
Subject: Re: human loop machine..

Hey Rick,

I'll be happy to hook you up with Sxip Shirey on facebook.  I'll offer you first his website, http://sxipshirey.com where you can find plenty of videos, youtube offers more.  Best thing is to follow him on twitter, he's a great follow. He's not a looper, by the way.  He's a soulmate for me in terms of what we feel music can be for people, and we have a lot of fun together, a simply great musician.

Wish you could have been there with us as well.  As to Laurie,  she has been a huge inspiration for me ever since I discovered the creative side of music 27 years ago.  I can also tell you from knowing her, that her impulse, her art, her music comes from a very kind and deeply deeply thoughtful individual.  Really can't say enough about her.  And I too was awakened to pitch-shifting and half my old rig by her.  Sometimes I wish I were a wordsmith, which I'm not, and when I wish that, I'd have hoped to completely re-contextualize something as she has 'the song'. A true American original, and a wonderful person, beautiful and charismatic in person.

All the best to you!

Todd

Hey Todd,    Which musician is doing the found sound/toy music stuff.    He's the one with the really bushy gray hair.
He looks like a musician after my own heart and I'd love to contact him and find out what he's up to.

Could you arrange an introduction for me?

By the way,   the gig just looks wonderful!

I saw Laurie Anderson back in '74 or '75 at Cowell College's Thursday night 'College Night'
Most of the audience left because it was too strange for them, but it was a turning point in my life.

She's the first person I ever saw use pitch shifting to change the gender of her performance character and it was electrifying....
seemed like it was heralding an new age of music (if only I had known how wonderful and crazy it would get in the next 40 years.