Re: Pickup Poll

Hey thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies on the subject of pickups.

Looks like I'm gonna try another flight from the Seymour Duncan menu: a Hot Rails humbucker in the bridge position, a Little '59 in the mid, and a noiseless single-coil at the neck.

If these don't do, I am gonna have a look at those Kinmans, Bill!

Phil

p.s. upside of being Strat-less this week is the rediscovery of a FINE piece of gear I have not used in over 20 years: A Rane FMI 14 1-in, 4-out Mic/Line submixer. For amplifying my acoustics, both of which have an old but still sweet Countryman phantom-powered pickup on board. The Rane has an XLR mic and 1/4" line input, two balanced and two unbalanced 1/4" outputs, a really nuanced adjustable 3-band EQ, 48v phantom power, 20db pad, two aux sends and a freaking INSERT. LOL. Built like a tank, quiet as outer space, and all crammed into a half rack unit. Totally forgot about this thing....