Re: Old Guitar Synths (was Re: Roland gr55)

First, I love my GR300/303/808.  I never thought I'd EVER disagree with
Per, but I love the weird R&B LFO on the 300, I love how it works &
wobbles, has a Prince-like sound when done right.

Having focused almost exclusively roots-ish / Americana music production
for the past 6 years and music for film and video before that, the sound
of the guit synth just hasn't been appropriate.  But I dream of getting it
fixed (resonance circuit down) someday soon!  I listen to my old
recordings and swoon!

And Bill - not just Roland.  It seems everyone in music equip making is
constantly improving the wheel.  I suspect it's so they can sell new
wheels to folks that are getting around just fine on the wheels they have!
 The great and horrible joke is the OLD stuff quite often sounds way
better.  Fairchild, Telefunken, vinyl, tape etc etc.   Having said that
and to add some flame retardant, I remember the old 2" tape machines
eating tape, being a nightmare to edit, bias etc...

Richard Sales
Sent from my IPad
www.glasswing.com