Re: Roland gr55

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Dust Bunnies <mech@m3ch.net> wrote:
> Looking forward to see what you're able to do with it, Per.  BTW, I don't
> remember: is your Stick a regular 10-string or a 12-String Grand?  IIRC,
> it's a Bamboo, right?

Hi Duke,

Many thanks for the great sound programming tips for the GR55! I only
have one GK pickup and it is on my SG-12, the one on the picture at
www.stick.com. And yes, that instrument is bamboo. The SG-12 is a
quite different instrument than the Grand Stick; I like it better for
playing but I will try to avoid selling the Grand because I sometimes
need its sound for recordings.

I'll pick up my GR55 on Friday and there won't come a GK with it, so I
think I will stick to Stick GR-ing. If getting a second GK I think I
will rather have one also on the SG-12's other fretboard than on a
guitar.

Your tip about using input level as a modulation source is no less
than awesome! I did that a lot when I had a TC FireworX and it is such
a powerful live sound design technique.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se