Re: OT: VJ Programs, tested... by me!!

Garath, that exactly what interests me too, and Resolume has some ways to do this, audio and midi info can be routed to all effect parameters, and if programming graphics in QC, these clips can also have up to 4 parameters tweaked by the music, and / or midi info...

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Gareth Whittock <buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
Interesting blog Mark. I've toyed with live clips and done a bit of VJing n my time, (using Resolume) but I'd like something that reacts to the music I play rather than playing the visuals.
Keep us posted on your results.

Gareth,

From: mark@markfrancombe.com
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:52:46 +0200
Subject: OT: VJ Programs, tested... by me!!
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

Quite often it occurs on LD that there is a post about creating live visuals to our music. I have always been interested in this, and have always tried to have a visual element to what I do. Recently I have become involved in a new art/music project, basically a looping band, with sensors and dancers and guest speakers and what-not... where we intend on creating a visual element Live as well. I do not want to use pr-made video loops, and although having a permanent visual member on the band is an exiting option, we are not investigating that just yet.
To that end, I spent this weekend doing a bit of research on VJ programs, and thought Id post my initail finding in my website... HERE!

http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?p=1449

Bare in mind the caveats, Im looking for very specific functionality, but I think that my reviews were really all about overall impressions rather than detailed analysis.
Hope some of you find it useful... its been quite an eye-opener for me, I'm even considering making something related, an MA degree project.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com

--