Re: Best looper for recording?

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Mike Fugazzi <mikefugazzi@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just thought of this....any good loopers for live performance that have
> good
> compatability with home recording?  Right now I am looking live use
> first,
> but would like something easy to use with aninterface and daw for demo
> recording.  Thanks.

You might already know - although you didn't mention it in the post,
but Ableton Live has a plugin called Looper. Any other software looper
would do fine though. Like Mobius, Augustus Loop or SooperLooper. If
using them as plugin under Live you can record the audio as audio
clips in Live. If running a looping plugin under host with less great
recording capabilities you can use a software that snags the stream
somewhere in the computer/software (for Mac I use Auduio Hijack Pro
for this but there is a second one out there too. For Windows I don't
know the corresponding app, but there must be some). If you want to
record multiple outputs from the looper a good host is Plogue Bidule;
it is cheap, extremely configurable and has an Audio File Recorder
that is easy to set up to render one file for each looper output. If
using the looper Mobius there is a couple of alternative ways to save
the loops created during a performance to disc after you have stopped
playing. Usually I use the Save Project method in Mobius to save every
loop as a file. On a few occasions I've tried Mobius setting to even
save every layer of every loop as a separate audio file - but this
creates so many files that you will need a lot of time at hand as well
as an out-of-this-world patience to pick the loops to throw into the
DAW for mixing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se