Re: What is Boyson doing exactly?

Per Boysen wrote:

    Manufactury synth sounds are not very good IMHO... well, actually
    pretty lousy ;-))  But the programming interface is simple so it
    should be easy to make this box sound a lot better.

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that in one of my previous emails: if this box is anything like the past couple VG models have been, the factory sounds suck (and I mean capital S-U-C-K). Gods, I wish it were possible to erase them and buy back the preset space they're taking up.

Once you get a chance to dig in and edit some of the models, you'll find that they can do some pretty amazing things. However, on the VG-99, whoever programmed the factory sets is a complete bozo who only wanted to show off the box to hair-metal d00dz, or so it seems. Out of 200 presets, you're lucky if a couple dozen are worth using as jumping-off points.

So, if the 55 is anything like the 99, don't get discouraged by listening to the included presets. Start editing on your own and I'm sure you'll find a world of amazing capabilities that were completely lost on the preset designers at Roland.

        -m-