Re: Adobe Audition anyone?

The Trick here is to use "save as" and point the file type to "Windows PCM". Then export the files one at a time by creating a new session in your other DAW and add each file individually to that session. This can be a problem if your files don't all start at the same time-you lose your timing. I got around this by adding space to all files so they all started at the 0.00 point of the song. That way when you add the files to your DAW session they all start at the same time. You have to think of Audition as a giant tape machine to get the concept, but once you get used to all tracks needing to start at the same time, with space before the actual track content start point it gets really intuitive.

D.

On 9/23/2011 5:16 PM, Stephen Goodman wrote:
As an old Cool Edit user there was a function for Mixdown but I don't think it let you select which tracks to do this to. I think you have to mute all but the track in question, and then export.

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Peters
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 10:15 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Adobe Audition anyone?

we have used Audition to mix a multitrack piece, now we need to export each
of the tracks to wav files to use in another DAW. Does anyone know how to
export an audio track (sometimes a track contains several clips), including
the changes done to it in the session view, to a new audio track? this is
such a basic task but we can't find out how to do it. There is an export
function but it only creates a mixdown of all tracks.

-Michael