Re: Roland the Idiot Musical Instrument Manufacturer

I am still deciding between a Boomerang and the RC300, but would snap up a used 'Rang really quick ($400 or less for that is money very well spent).  I tried to like the Roland stuff from the start, as it is easy to buy used, generally well built, and I've liked their other products, but they all seem to have a fatal flaw (usually brought up after release) that I just can't get around.

The RC300 sounds amazing, but I am concerned about "glitches".  The layout looks great and very user friendly.  It would be the ultimate if it 1.) worked as advertised and 2.) would some how allow for one of the channels to always be effected.  Specifically, if I could insert an octave down effect that was always on just that one channel...not a deal breaker, as the rest of it seems perfect for live work.

But in that way, I could always use one for beatboxing, one for singing bass lines, and the last one for my rhythm harmonica part without stomping on more than the looper.  I could play for hours live with a setup like that, lol.  Right now I am using my M13 and have to tap dance to get to the "bass".

Maybe effects loops for every channel will eventually be on the market?
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com
Facebook