Re: OT: 5/4 challenge

That's wild as I almost said it was dulcimer like or something very 'foreign' that you were getting and it was a great contrast Dan to the thick more modern electric g sound.  You are knighted first lap steel Charango player! (though bet Mr Bill W will comment :) ).

Thanks re the banjo think it probably comes from low action on a cheap one as well as my technique is like all my string explorations kind of naive hybrid from my fingerstyle guitar days though I really like claw hammer and appalachian style stuff so that's probably in my psychy as well as Arkansas roots.

That song is such a haunting thing to me and I didn't get it till your words came in and I went wow... good to be talking, don't think I've ever met you at the loopfests though have heard you several times and just missed you saying hello.  Not going to be out this year but bet it's going to be sweet...