Re: OT more fun with Yamaha (G50 battery error)

Andy,

Well, if what I have heard is correct from my experience with other
devices that have those little batteries in them, that tiny little trickle
of electricity needs to be constant to preserve the memory in a chip
somewhere.

Simply disconnect it and plop in the other one when replacing it and poof
there goes any volitile programming in that chip.

Batteries that are soldered in are one sort of problem yes, but ones that
are held in by a clip can be tricky too.

I'd be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

I have one older piece of gear that does have a soldered-in battery, and
the company that made the device no longer exists.

When that goes, I am wondering what I'll do.

I happen to have a duplicate device in storage, but that will have the
same "Achilles heel" eventually to it as well.

Keep us posted on what you discover.

Ted