Re: Why...?

On Oct 22, 2011, at 2:45 PM, william middlemiss wrote:

Why do you 'loop'? What got you started on this path?

Originally I wanted to play lute duets while busking. I bought an RC-2 but found it difficult to operate and put it on the shelf for a year and a half. Then I had problems with my hands and thought looping would be a way of continuing to make music with minimal strain. I still can't get very far with the RC-2 and have bought an FCB1010 and installed Mobius. No luck getting those to work yet either. So I guess you could say I haven't really started yet.

Was it a mechanism for solo performance?

Yes. Currently, I would only play publicly for a very 'special' audience. I definitely could not use looping for a paying gig. All I can do is overdub stuff.

A fallback for artistic roadblocks? (as in--an easy way out)

Easy? Looping seems a lot more difficult than playing alone or with other musicians.