Abandoned Radio and Dr. Smith's bench photo essays on Flickr

Hi folks,

Abandoned Radio http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/sets/72157627839845825/

At the end of a long weekend (filled with nature photography) at the family lakefront cottage, I spotted an interesting collection of junk (an ancient radio, wiring, and items of undetermined purpose) sitting atop fallen leaves by the side of the road.

The arrangement intrigued me, and it seemed perfect for my "Ugly Beauty" theme, so I took about two dozen photos, most of which you see here.

Dr. Smith's Bench http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/sets/72157627964376972/

On the day after I shot the "Abandoned Radio" essay, I made my monthly visit to my chiropractor (Dr. Smith). Upon leaving his office, I noticed that the bench on the landing to the building was getting excellent light, and the unusual design of the bench provided interesting shadows and texture. I took about two dozen photos, most of which you see here.

BTW Some of my videos can be viewed at
http://www.youtube.com/Tobenfeld
--
"I rang a silent bell ..."  -- Robert Hunter
"... cast your dancing spell my way, I promise to go under it" -- Bob Dylan