Re: Guitar wiring.. Is this dangerous???

Well, thats another issue. Im sure you are right Bill (and Per) Im afraid that my guitar tech disconected the regular output years ago and Ive been using the HEX cable ever since. I remember not exactly why, and now I feel like I better have that looked at as well,

I think William gave me the advice I needed, and Im just gonna have to open her up and enter that vipers nest... I think that Ill leave it for a week though, I better devote some time to this...

But my main concern was safety: I will paraphrase.

Would you connect the ground (or rather NEG) on a 9v Wall Wart power cable with the ground on a guitar? This WILL fix my hum problem, but Im dont know if its legal.

So I had to rethink my plan and go directly to the amp from the
magnetic PUs, in parallel with the Roland GK cable. That sounds so
much better, the through-put was just unacceptable.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen

Incidentely Per,  On that issue: SO that means that you are simply muting the Normal guitar pickup IN the GR55 and only having the 2 synth tones and the Modeled sound coming from the 55 ikke sant? And having regular pickups coming down the guitar cable, effected from external effects?

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com