From: Ed Durbrow [mailto:edurbrow@sea.plala.or.jp]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:09 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: What do YOU do when creativity dries up?

I have a book called theWARofART. The entire book could be summed up in the
preface which is a few pages. Maybe you could go to Amazon and read the
preface if you are interested. Basically, it says the task is overcoming
resistance, show up and work. It is full of aphorisms such as: A pro views
her work as craft, not art; The Amateur believes he must first overcome his
fear; Resistance feeds on fear - etcetera.

What do I do when creativity dries up?
I have so much I could do when creativity dries up. There is finishing
stuff. I have so many ideas that were inspired, if I may use that term
loosely, that need completing, polishing sequencing and recording. Much of
composing is working things out after the initial inspiration. That is more
like craft. Was it Einstein that said it is 1% inspiration and 99%
perspiration?

I make it a point to write every day no matter what. If I end up just
staring at a page of lyrics for 3 minutes and writing one or two words that
are pure garbage, I count that. I figure just putting attention to it will
keep it in the rotation of my subconscious.