Re: livelooping. organic

On 5 Nov 2011, at 16:14, Mark Hamburg wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Mark Hamburg wrote:
>
>> * It opens a question about how to deal with performers who play music
>> that sounds like it fits with the livelooping aesthetic, but who don't
>> actually use loopers.
>
> If someone plays a synthesizer into a loop pedal it qualifies as looped
> music but what if instead they manipulate knobs on an old style
> sequencer to change the note sequence? Is the audience experience
> fundamentally different?

I like you post a lot, Mark!
once we give up defining hard boarders (at least because we cannot force
anyway to use or not use the term anyway) we can also include organic
instruments as typical for livelooping. synth player rather tend to use
sequencers and not program them in real time, its a different approach to
music all together - but thats just a tendency, not a rule or definition!