Re: Roland GR55 - First Impressions review

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Louie Angulo <louie.angulo@googlemail.com> wrote:
oh Mark,after this review i think i regret that i sold my GR 33;-)

Oh my... did it too have the arpegiator.. a friend has an unused one, and I must have it.. but I need to explain to him how crap it is.. ha ha

but i love your review,and i believe it,i think people arent critical
enough in reviews sometimes and try to be forgiving
i despise synths trying to imitate acoustic guitars,they should
terminate that once in for all!!!

Indeed, not to mention harmonicas and oboes!
(Funnily enough I do use a flute patch a timpani (yes on guitar!!)  and even a Female Voice patch or 2, so maybe its HOW you use thses sounds, I just havent found a good use for er... accordion.

why not try to develop a sampler instead of a synth for guitar
now,that would open up amazing pssibilities!

Wow, quite! Or just a synth with less built in sounds, and more a analog synth engine...

i became interested mainly in the detuning feature to create open
tunings,how is that? is there at least one descent single clean amp?

Actually I HAVE found one.. yes... the Clean Bass, gives a little "amp" sound, without too much nasal tone added...

so i wonder how it compares to the GR-33 is the tracking better than
any other unit as they claim?

On mine its terrible on the PCM sounds, but that's because I havent really set up the pick up.. on the modelled sounds however its instant, no latency, just some weird sounds at low level.. which I think I too blame pickup placement, the fact that mines a baritone, and I have old shitty strings with rust all over them..

Mark
cheers
Luis

--