Re: Recording Live Performances with Ableton Live

Doing what you're after is dirt simple i Live and one of the reason
Live is so popular. Here is a step for step walk-through for how to
record the main output:

1. Create a new audio track (assuming you're in in Session View, the
mixer/spreadsheet layout).
2. In this track's input slot, select "Master" as the input source.
3. Record enable the track.
4. Set its volum to zero (since you're already hearing all that from
the Master).
5. Click the slot's little square to start recording.

The recording will be of the format you have chosen in Live's
preferences and placed inside your project folder.

Now, if you are using nifty tricks including launching clips during
your performance - especially if doing this with scenes (the slots on
the Master track can trigger all other slots on that horizontal row,
called a "scene") - then you may want to empty all slots of the
recording track except for the one you're gonna trig initially to kick
off the recording. Otherwise other slots on that track will get
trigged to start recording a clip as a scene gets selected and this
will stop the recording clip on that track.

BTW, your email client is set to automatically answer to your address
instead of the list's. I guess this is not intentional as you did send
your post to the list?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com