korg sdd 1200

Hello to the group from a new list member.

I am presently sorting and assembling gear to begin the looping adventure. I have a boss rc-50 to act as my main looper, with some rack mount delays to use before my instruments signals reach the rc-50.

I have an older korg sdd-1200 delay that i am trying to figure out. The unit just seems to give one solid repeat with one or two very faint repeats after. i am just running mono with the delays patched serial using the +mix out.
I am wondering if this is just how this particular unit was designed to work. or if I am missing something in the way I am hooking it up.

Any help or hints would be welcome.

cheers
ets