Re: Roland GR55 - First Impressions review

Same here, even my baritone has too long a scale for the recommended. Mine tracks ok, as in FAST, but there are some weird issues with the moddelled guitar sound that I mentioned before, almost like ring mod. But only sometimes.. certain guitar models are unaffected!???

Incidentely Per, weird thing I noticed yesterday. In the Amp models in the MFX section, you can adjust PAN position, but the standalone AMP model HAS NO PAN!!! Annoying as I was try to make a nice huge sound with the Normal pickup on the left and a modelled guitar on the right... only the modelled guitar can be panned!! Infact (not at home now) can you even pan the PCM tones?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> (guessing that your guitar tech won't be
>  able to fit 3 p/us within 1cm of the bridge
>  as per Roland's recommendation)

Here I want to chime in a report that on one of my Sticks the GK-3 PU
is 34 mm from the where the string passes the bridge. It plays well
anyway. And the total scale length is a couple of millimeters outside
the range that is possible to dial in by the GR-55 preferences. So it
seems these recommended figures are a bit forgiving.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen