Re: Boss PS-6 as a tool for looped bass.

Programming the FCB1010, if its the firts thing youve done in midi world.. would be hell.
But its NOT as hard as people make out.
I have instructions on my blog at:
http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?p=49

However if you are going for Mobius, I really suggest that you do what Per does, and let the programming of your pedal be done by Mobius, not the FCB. OK It might be wise later one to set the FCB to have a set of clean default midi note numbers.
(But you can skip this and try with whatever the FCB is already programmed with... might work???)

What I mean by that is you need to program PEDAL ONE to send a midi note. (press DOWN and hold Press UP once to pass a function we dont need. YOu then see lights on different pedals, this shows WHAT is being programmed, turn every light off by pressing a pedal, till only pedal 10 is lit. This means midi note. Press UP to edit THAT. select number ONE, and then press UP again, to save... Press DOWN and HOLD; to leave programing. You have now programmed a pedal to send midi note 1. Now doe the same for the 10 pedals increasing the number. SO that pedal 2 gets midi note 2 and so on.

THEN Never touch the FCB1010 again. Everything you do now is within the midi binding window in Mobius. Just select a parameter you want to control from a pedal, click learn, and press the pedal. It should show you what the pedal just sent... Do this with all the commands you want... On the bog page I have incuded a list of the most sensible starting up paremeters. But bare in mind this is meant for EDP so you need to decode the difference

hope this helps

Mark