Re: Comparing 2 items of control.

Mark,

It's comparing oranges to butterflies — two highly different
critters/objects. Consider it in the light of a "uni-tasking" versus a
"multi-tasking" tool.

As you know, I am a staunch advocate of the tablets (either Android or
Apple, tho' the iPad has the edge now, that could change soon and
hopefully will, making the decision even more interesting). I tend to
think of the iPad as a "multi-tasker" and the Gordius as more of a
"uni-tasker" simply because I can ALSO use the iPad for a myriad of
other applications.

And as Sylvain rightly points out, you can use touchOSC almost all of
the iOS devices out there, so it isn't a prohibitively expensive
proposition to pick up a used iPod Touch and dedicate it to being a
controller. Obviously, the sheer screen size of the iPad lends itself
to the task of being a controller more effectively than a iPod, but
you can always START w/ the iPod until you can have dedicated iPads.

For what it's worth, the whole tablet environment is going to be in a
state of flux, so having a dedicated controller such as the Gordius
might be the wiser choice.

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin