Re: Comparing 2 items of control.

mark francombe wrote:

Its between the Gordius Little Giant Footpedal
and an iPad operating thru the missing link and Touch OSC.

So, the Gordius will obviously be a total REPLACEMENT for the FC1010.
Hows the mac software looking? (the one thing Ive been using as an excuse NOT to buy- I wont do a windows partition)
I know its possible to assign a string of commands, but how many?

not sure if there is some limit,
but it's certainly way larger than I'd ever use.

Actually, you wouldn't have to put make 20 undo commands,
you'd make one undo command, one delay and put them both in a loop
(for 20 times, or till you hit another switch)

Can I for example have 10 UNDOs (note ons) seperated by 200 ms

aye cap'n

...or you can have them separated based on midi time,
either from the edp or the LG (tap tempo)

(believe me... Ive read the F***** manual, not all things are obvious) If this is the case, can one seperate these commands by a beat (midi clock) related division, coming from the midi-IN jack???

yes, done that.

...and LG LEDs can be made to flash in time with the incoming beat

(I know this was NOT the case a year or so ago, Im talking about updates to software here) AND therfore be able to control the item (an EDP) that is also sending the midi clock. Im envisioning a possile midi loop situation here. Gordius controlling Record and insert on EDP, sending clock to Gordius which can also send out commands to EDP that are timed from the EDP's own clock. Im assuming here that EVERYTHING arriving at the Gordius midi IN socket can be stripped away (by Gordius, no intermediate box or expense) to allow ONLY midi clock, no pgms or notes getting in.

yup, can do

...BUT ON THE OTHER HAND

This iPad/Missing link combo.

dunnow,
expect it won't last as long as an LG,
..and you'll still want an LG

So nicer control of 2 EDPs, than the messy preset method.

don't understand how OSC gives you that.
..it needs sysex, which of course is "easy enough" with LG

andy
(been away for a week)