Re: Liking/Disliking your own music

I have 2 points to make here, firstly my fear/expectation/ that it will be crap, (and because of acttually leading to it being crap) has gotten worse, the fewer gigs I do.
I have promised myself at least 1 a year, but back in the days when I was playing upwards of a hundred gigs a year, the stress that I might make a mistake was nil, cos if I did, it was " well, better luck tomorrow" so I was releaxed and never made mistakes!

Now that  play once a yeaar (or thereabouts) even though t can be to about 25 people max, the pressure is ON for it to be a good'un, and it rarely is.

Secondly I have always suffered from red-light syndrome, you know, the "rehersals go perfectly but as soon as the red light is on I fuck up!" thing.

I  used to ask the producers to let me hear the track a bunch of times, I would play over it, and they could take a few takes, but NEVER let me know which! (we once had to bag over the actual red light.)

Which brings me to an interesting idea. On my TV I have a device where I can pause the TV. I can also rewind about 4 hours, as long as Im on the channel I want to rewind.
If dinner interrupts Children's TV, we can keep the kids from revolution and violence.

I'm thinking of PERMANENTLY having one plugged into the back of my rack, because the way it works is that its actually recording the whole time, and when I accidentaly do something that was good, I could just rewind and grab it!

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com