Re: Re: OT: Music suggestions?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, bill bigrig wrote:
Well, I've got to open my big,,, whatever it is you open on these forums, and throw in Future Sounds of London, Loop Guru, Orb, a BIG 10-4 on Boards of Canada, Blue Nile.
Oh,  I used to love Future Sounds of London.

I wasn't too thrilled with their last release, however.............what ever happened to that really creative group.

and here are some of my favorite
world music/fusion artist releases

Bill Laswell (especially the brilliant and darkly minimal mixture of the Blues and Indian music "Hear No Evil") Jon Hassell (brilliant avant garde trumpet player, one of his earliest but I was so influenced
                   by his record with Brian Eno - "Fourth World, part 1"
Nicky Skopelitis   "Ekstasis"
Not Drowning, Waving and Telek and the musicians of Papua New Guinea "Tabaran"
Transglobal Underground   "International Times"
Steven Sheehan and Bally Othmani "Assourouf" (this is a stunning mixture of middleeastern and western sounds)
Martin Simpson (with Madagascar's Tarika Sammy and moi)  "Cool and Unusual"
Peter Gabriel  "Passion"
Codona "Codona 2" (wonderful acoustic fusion record with Nana Vasconcellos, the late Colin Walcott from Oregon
                                  and the late, Don Cherry)
Shakti  "Shakti"

 * John McLaughlin
   <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McLaughlin_%28musician%29>-Guitar