Re: Sync with multiple tracks (was Innerclock)

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Phil Clevenger
<phil.clevenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the problem is busy traffic on the master DAW's hardware, then MIDI
> sync
> on the Rang ought to be just as fraught as MIDI sync on the LP-1 (with
> Ableton as master), right? Sync is rock solid in the LP-1 too, but
> partnership with the DAW is, to my mind, unusable...

I would guess so too. I once achieved good sync when slaving an EDP to
a computer based DAW. But I was not using MID Clock, I was using
analog sync pulse. As I carried out the first project recording on the
EDP I was recording its output sync pulses on an audio track in the
DAW. For laying down the rest of the EDP tracks into the DAW I
switched the EDP into the slave role and it followed accurately all
the way. I never bothered with the DAW's time grid in that project,
maybe that was the secret for success ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen